Frequently Asked Questions
- Are all of the Physiotherapists members of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy M.C.S.P.? Yes
- Are all of the Physiotherapists registered with the Health Care Professions Council H.C.P.C.? Yes
- Are all the Pilates Instructors fully qualified in both Pilates and Physiotherapy? Yes
- Are all the Sports Masseurs fully qualified to perform Sports Massage? Yes
- Is the Clinic registered with all Health Insurance Companies? Yes
- Do I need a doctor’s referral for Physiotherapy treatment if I am paying myself? No
- Do I need a doctor’s referral for Physiotherapy treatment if I am using medical insurance? Yes, a verbal referral from your GP or consultant is often sufficient. You need to check your level of cover and get authority over the telephone from your medical insurance company and bring with you your company name, membership number and claim number to your first appointment.
- Can I bring someone with me into the treatment room? Yes
- Can I bring my children / baby into the treatment room? Yes
- What should I wear for Physiotherapy and bring with me? You will need to expose the area of the body being treated but you do not need to undress fully if you wear shorts with a stretch waistband and for women a spaghetti strap top over your bra. If you are attending for treatment for your feet, knees, hips or back it is useful to bring your trainers, sports shoes or boots and other footwear with you. Also please remember a list of your medication, any X-rays, scans, reports and referral letters.
- What should I wear for a Sports Massage? You will need to expose the area of the body being massaged but you do not need to undress fully if you wear shorts with a stretch waistband and for women a spaghetti strap top over your bra.
- What should I wear for Pilates? Stretch clothing suitable for exercising which is fairly fitted and not baggy, stripy or with a hood to allow for visual correction. No shoes but non-slip socks are useful when performing some Pilates exercises to stop your feet from slipping on the mat.
- How much will it cost? See our Home page for all current prices.
- What are the clinic opening hours? See our Home page for opening hours.
- What time will the telephone be answered? See our Home page for reception opening hours.
- If you have any other queries please ask our friendly and helpful receptionists and administration staff when booking your appointment – see details on the Contact page.