1. Physiotherapy including:
- Advice regarding self help to speed recovery and prevent re-injury
- Electrotherapy (including interferential, laser, pulsed shortwave, TENS and ultrasound)
- Exercise programmes to correct posture, strengthen muscles, stretch muscles and mobilise joints
- Graston technique
- Manual traction
- Massage and soft tissue techniques
- Mobilisation and manipulation of joints
- Pelvic Dysfunction treatment
- Rehabilitation following injury or surgery
- S.A.Q. (speed, agility an quickness training for rehabilitation)
- Scoliosis re-education
- Shoulder instability re-education
- Taping and strapping
- Western acupuncture for pain relief
2. Pilates classes for up to 6 people taught by Chartered Physiotherapists
3. Equipment Studio Pilates sessions for up to 3 people
4. Equestrian Pilates at Epsom Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic and Wildwoods Riding Center.
Epsom Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic was established in 1996 by John and Sonja Fitzpatrick who both worked as NHS physiotherapists locally.
Initially the clinic was open in the evening and Saturday morning. By offering out of office hours appointments many patients found these opening times convenient. This is still the case now with the current employment market appointment times out of office hours remain the most popular with our patients who do not want to miss work to come for physiotherapy. Now we offer day time, evening and Saturday morning appointments from 8.30am to 8.30pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am to 6.30pm on Friday and 8.30am to 1pm on Saturday.
In 1996 Sonja and John Fitzpatrick started treating patients from the front room or their house sharing one treatment room. Now we have three treatment rooms and two Pilates studios at the clinic at 2 Burgh Heath Road as well as a reception area, waiting room and a car park for patients.